September 29, 2012
Warning: The following steps WILL format the device. Be sure to do a complete backup before preceeding.
- Download the Android SDK.
- Install the SDK as instructed.
- Follow the instructions on this page from the Android SDK’s “Adding Platforms and Packages”
- Check and install the “Android SDK Platform-Tools” only.
- You should have a directory called
android-sdk-mac_x86. Within that, there should be directory called
- Go as instructed to the “Return To Stock” page. Second post will have the FASTBOOT images. For stock Jelly Bean search for FH05. There is 6 files that need to download.
- Place all the downloaded files inside
- Shut down the device, then press and hold Volume Up, Volumn Down, and Power at the same time. This will enter to the bootloader.
- Connect the device via USB to the computer.
- Open terminal and go into the “platform-tools” directory.
- Enter the following lines, one at a time.
./fastboot flash boot boot.img ./fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ./fastboot flash system system.img ./fastboot flash radio radio-cdma.img ./fastboot flash radio radio-lte.img ./fastboot -w
- Enter the following to lock the device also.
./fastboot oem lock